Unequaled performance & comfort guaranteed through a unique mechatronic design
Our life support system produces unlimited oxygen-enriched air on board fighter or trainer aircraft, to meet all the physiological needs (breathable gas and anti-G protection) of one or two pilots, autonomously, for any mission duration.
- Responsive and accurate regulation of the gas, thanks to tailor-made electronic valves and non-linear algorithms
- Wide range of operating pressure, beyond the standard values (particularly at very low inlet pressure)
- Very adaptive and flexible design in order to meet any requirement for control of performances: flow, pressure, oxygen level
- Easy system diagnosis and management with no impact on performance (Continuous Build-In Test)
- Compact lightweight system
- Integrated monitoring device possible in option
- Pilot physiology monitoring device possible in option
- Increased operational availability of the aircraft
How does it work?
The concentrator increases the oxygen content of air taken from an engine compressor using a pressure swing adsorption (PSA) process. This technology is based on molecular sieves capable of separating the air's constituents. Air Liquide's OBOGS has a reduced mass thanks to the control of molecular sieves, the patented shape of the columns and the lightness of the holding device.
Integrated into the ejection seat or mounted on the cockpit panel, each regulator distributes the oxygen-enriched air to the pilot, with a rate that varies according to altitude. It regulates the flow and pressure of the gases the pilot needs, both oxygen-enriched air for breathing and pressurized air for the anti-G pockets in his pants. All protective functions requiring breathing in safety overpressure, altimeteric overpressure and load factor overpressure are provided by this same regulator. The electronic control of all functions offers great flexibility in the management of operating parameters (altimetric overpressure laws, sub-load factor laws, monitoring laws, etc.) with higher speed and accuracy.
Main technical characteristics
- Weight of concentrator: < 10.3kg
- Length x width x height ≈ 350 x 350 x 200mm
- Minimum inlet pressure: < 5 psig relative to cabin pressure
- Electrical supply: 28 Vdc or 115 Vac
- Power consumption < 5 A
These values are indicative. Our expertise in the fields of gases separation, analysis and storage allows us to offer a solution adaptable to your needs.
Download our brochure
OBOGS for fighter & trainer aircraftDownload the document PDF (452.04 KB)
Oxygen regulator and anti-G system for F-35 - Lockheed Martin
OBOGS for M345 & M346 - Leonardo
OBOGS for Rafale - Dassault Aviation
OBOGS for L39NG & L159 - Aero Vodochody
For more information, find on this page your key contacts and our contact form.
Air Liquide designs, manufactures and services gas-related equipment on board aircraft and on the ground, for civil and military markets.