Liquid Oxygen (LOx) Tank for Air Independant Propulsion
Compact cryogenic system for AIP submarines, for increased endurance while diving
- Increased endurance while diving
- Good thermal efficiency: no need for sea draining
- Management of safety functions in a confined environment and in a severe marine environment
- Quality of oxygen for crew and fuel cell technology
How does it work?
The system comprises a cryogenic tank and circuits for distributing oxygen to the different functions. Storage volumes are tailored to needs which can vary between one m3 and several hundreds m3. The system adjusts its distribution as a function of the needs of the installed AIP (Direct combustion in pure oxygen, Powering a reformer, Fuel cell) and can deliver low pressure or high pressure gas flow rates, or a combination of the two. The on-board oxygen supply line is tailored to the size of the crew.
Perfomance and technical specifications
- Materials compatible with Oxygen, with cryogenic temperatures and with the marine environment
- Components qualified in environmental resistance: impacts, vibrations, platform movements, electromagnetic compatibility, saline surroundings, climatic cycles, fire
- Good resistance to military impacts specified up to 15 g, in compliance with weight requirements
- Specific designs for best submarine integration and storage capacity
- LOx Storage capacity already designed : from 24 to 95 Tons
- GO2 flow rate up to 250 kg/h (and without pumps)
- With or without LOx pumps technologies (if HP required)
Download our brochure
MarineDownload the document PDF (474.45 KB)
For more information, find on this page your key contacts and our contact form.
Air Liquide manufactures gas production, storage, and regeneration systems for submarines and surface vessels and works on pioneering projects using our expertise in hydrogen and nitrogen.