On-board Oxygen/Nitrogen Generating Unit for naval applications
Oxygen/Nitrogen Generating Unit integrated into a harsh environment
Air Liquide is developing units for the production of oxygen and nitrogen in a marine environment, based on technologies of gas separation at ambient temperature. It meets on-board needs in gaseous or liquid oxygen as well as gaseous nitrogen, for example on aircraft carriers or frigate.
- Easy-to-use: no special technical skills are required
- Customized for harsh marine environment
Gaseous oxygen on-board
- To fill emergency egress devices and back-up cylinders for aircraft or helicopter
- For medical use, compliant with STANAG standards
Liquid oxygen on-board
- To fill oxygen converters for aircraft
Gaseous nitrogen on-board
- To inert the jet fuel tank
- To purge hoses, pipe and external underwing fuel tanks
- To inflate tires, to fill landing struts and hydraulic system
- To cool infrared cameras and cells (optronics).
Performance and technical specifications
The units are tailored on demand. They are supplied by low pressure air production modules.
- 99.5% oxygen purity
- Normal operation: 50 to 100 Nm3/day (capacity example)
- Oxygen distribution in gaseous form up to 250 bar or liquid
- Production: 100 to 200 Nm3/day (capacity example)
- Nitrogen distribution in gaseous form up to 250 bar
Gas quality is continuously monitored in respect of each unit so that the purity of the gasses generated can be verified.
Download our brochure
MarineDownload the document PDF (474.45 KB)
For more information, find on this page your key contacts and our contact form.
Air Liquide manufactures gas production, storage, and regeneration systems for submarines and surface vessels and works on pioneering projects using our expertise in hydrogen and nitrogen.